Meet AnnaAnna B. Goldenberg
Founder and principal of TrueImpact Coaching, Anna’s core belief is that in building the power of people, organizations create true impact. She is a certified executive coach, organizational consultant and leadership trainer with more than thirty years of senior executive experience in the nonprofit industry. Her approach to her work is systematic – coaching organizations to develop their people in order to build positive work environments and create collaborative, learning cultures going forward.
Anna believes every individual and organization is unique, and it takes true partnership to achieve true impact. Working shoulder to shoulder with her clients, she develops tailored coaching and training programs to successfully meet their needs and achieve transformative results.
To create a positive culture, Anna works closely with organizational executives and managers focusing on strengths-based personal development to help them effectively lead their teams. Working within teams, she focuses on team dynamics, clarifying organizational goals, collaborative process, and clear, direct communication.
As a consultant, Anna focuses her work on leadership training and board development, strategic planning and the ensuing change management, and team development and alignment.
Anna regularly facilitates training programs on board and leadership development, with particular emphasis on emotional and social IQ and communication skills. She enjoys speaking on a variety of topics that focus on personal transformation and empowerment.
Over the past ten years, Anna developed a continuum of innovative leadership training programs for prominent nonprofit organizations. Anna understands the real challenges of nonprofit development. In her executive fundraising capacity, Anna has raised more than $40 million dollars as executive director and chief development officer for high profile organizations in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area.
She received her bachelors in journalism from the University of California, Berkeley and continued on with masters work in English literature at Eastern Connecticut State University. In recent years, Anna has attained numerous certifications* in nonprofit management, leadership coaching and organizational and team management from prominent university programs.
Her personal leadership journey began when she participated in the LEAD Hampton Roads program in the 1990’s and continues today. In the past twenty years, Anna has served on many nonprofit boards. She is most proud of founding the Ghent Dog Park Association, a grassroots nonprofit that works with the City of Norfolk to develop and manage one of a very few densely populated urban dog parks in the United States.
Currently residing by the Chesapeake Bay in Norfolk, Virginia, Anna enjoys the quiet beach life with her husband and two standard poodles – and her children and grandchildren when they visit.
Anna B. Goldenberg
- Associate Certified Coach – International Coach Federation
- Coach Certificate of Completion – Coach Academy International
- Certificate of Completion – Potentials Realized – Group Coaching
- Certificate of Completion – “Managing as a Coach” – University of California, Davis
- Certificate of Completion – “Leading Positive Change Through Appreciative Inquiry” – Case Western Reserve
- Certificate of Completion – “Leading Teams” – University of Michigan
- Certificate of Completion – “Conversations that Inspire: Coaching Learning, Leadership and Change” – Case Western Reserve University
- Certification of Completion – “Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change” – Case Western Reserve University
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction – “International Leadership and Organizational Behavior” – Universita Bocconi, Milan, Italy
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction – “Better Leader, Richer Life” – Wharton, University of Pennsylvania
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction – “Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence” – Case Western Reserve University
- Certificate of Participation, Excellence in Nonprofit Leadership and Management – University of Wisconsin